1. Introduction: In Search of a More Global Definition of Social Equity
2. Understanding Social Equity in Public Administration
3. Characteristics and Cultures in the Asia-Pacific Region
4. Ho’oponopono and the Kanaka Maoli: The Elusive Quest for Social Equity in the Hawaiian Islands
Jennifer A. Kagan and John C. Ronquillo
5. Social (In)equity in Australia?
Yvonne Haigh and Kim Moloney
6. Social Equity in the Pacific Islands
7. “Two Chinas”: Social Equity, Social Policies and the Urban-Rural Divide in China
Hui Zhou and Ling Zhu
8. A Hong Kong Way of Social Equity
9. Social Equity in Japan
10. Social Equity and Public Sector Employment in the Republic of Korea
11. Social Equity in the Philippines: A Continuing-But Elusive-Promise
Alex B. Brillantes, Jr., Maria Victoria R. Raquiza, and Maria Pilar M. Lorenzo
12. Social Equity in Singapore
Mathew Mathews and Leonard Lim
13. Towards a More Global Understanding of Social Equity
This book examines the concept and public service value of social equity in public administration research and practice outside of the Western context, considering the influence that historical, cultural, and social trends of Asian and Pacific societies may have on how social equity is conceptualized and realized in the Asia-Pacific region. The book presents the results of an effort by a group of scholars from seven countries (Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, The Philippines, and Singapore), one American State (the Hawaiian Islands), and the Pacific Islands to discover what social equity means in their respective contexts. It concludes by synthesizing and analyzing the chapter authors’ findings to advance a more global conceptualization of social equity.
Morgen Johansen is Professor and Director of the Public Administration Program at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, USA.
Dimensioni: 210 x 148 mm Ø 364 gr
Illustration Notes:1 Illustrations, black and white
Utilizziamo i cookie di profilazione, anche di terze parti, per migliorare la navigazione, per fornire servizi e proporti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui. Chiudendo questo banner o proseguendo nella navigazione acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.