Using the field of material culture as its methodological departure point, this Palgrave Pivot explains the strategic advantages that brands can set in place when their executives are fully in command of how to move from strategy to tactics. Specifically, it studies the brands, their products and signature experiences as well as their relationship with the consumer in an attempt to define the greater powers that have pushed fashion labels in and out of fashion. It focuses on case analysis of specific luxury fashion brands and attempts to link those to the greater context of material culture while also elaborating on theoretical discussions. Bridging theory and practice, this book explores the relationship between creative strategy and cultural intelligence.
Part I. Background of Luxury Fashion as a Field of Material Culture
1. Defining Fashion, Luxury, and Luxury Fashion
2. Established Methods of classifying Luxury Fashion Brands
3. A New Method for the Classification of Luxury Fashion Brands
Part II. Production and Consumption of Luxury Fashion
4. The Producers of “Newness” in Luxury Fashion
5. What Do We Really Consume through Luxury Fashion?
6. How Do We Consume Luxury Fashion?
Part III. Cultural Intelligence and Creativity
7. A Close Look at Cultural Intelligence
8. Tim Morton’s Theory of Hyperobjects
9. Luxury Fashion Products Addressing Cultural Changes
10. Luxury Marketing Strategies Based on Cultural Intelligence
Part IV. The Future of Luxury Fashion
Thomaï Serdari is Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Director of the Fashion & Luxury MBA at the Leonard N. Stern School of Business at New York University, USA. Serving as the Business Editor of Luxury: History, Culture, Consumption, she is an expert on luxury and actively studies, values, and reports on companies or funds that operate and invest within the luxury goods market.
i libri che interessano a chi ha i tuoi gusti
Collana: Palgrave Advances in Luxury
Dimensioni: 210 x 148 mm Ø 412 gr
Formato: Copertina rigida
Illustration Notes:1 Illustrations, black and white
Utilizziamo i cookie di profilazione, anche di terze parti, per migliorare la navigazione, per fornire servizi e proporti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui. Chiudendo questo banner o proseguendo nella navigazione acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.