Professional ADO.NET 3.5 with LINQ and the Entity Framework
LINQ and the Entity Framework are revolutionizing .NET database programming. With this book as your guide, you'll discover how to leverage these cutting–edge query and object/relational mapping technologies for enterprise–class computing. It provides you with hands–on coding techniques for data–intensive web and Windows projects. You'll also get quickly up to speed on LINQ technologies with the help of C# and VB programming examples.
Leading Microsoft database authority Roger Jennings first covers LINQ Standard Query Operators (SQOs) and domain–specific LINQ to SQL, LINQ to DataSet, and LINQ to XML implementations for querying generic collections. He then delves into the ADO.NET Entity Framework, Entity Data Model, Entity SQL (eSQL), and LINQ to Entities. Numerous code examples are integrated throughout the chapters that emulate real–world data sources and show you how to develop C# and VB web site/application or Windows projects.
The information in this book will give you the tools to create and maintain applications that are independent of the underlying relational data.
What you will learn from this book
A new approach to data access in ADO.NET 3.5 SP1
Methods for working with advanced LINQ query operators and expressions
Techniques for querying SQL Server® database with LINQ to SQL
Approaches for integrating third–party and emerging LINQ implementations
How to raise the level of data abstraction with the Entity Data Model
Steps for creating design–time data sources from ObjectContext
Ways to use the Entity Data Model as a data source
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate to advanced developers of data–intensive .NET web– and Windows–based applications.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real–world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
1. Taking a New Approach to Data Access in ADO.NET 3.5.
II. Introducing Language Integrated Query.
2. Understanding LINQ Architecture and Implementation.
3. Executing LINQ Query Expressions with LINQ to Objects.
4. Working with Advanced Query Operators.
III. Applying Data Source–Specific LINQ Implementations.
5. Using LINQ to SQL and the LinqDataSource.
6. Querying DataTables with LINQ to DataSets.
7. Manipulating and Linking Documents with LINQ to XML.
8. Exploring Third–Party and Emerging LINQ Implementations.
IV. Introducing the ADO.NET Entity Framework.
9. Raising the Level of Data Abstraction with the Entity Data Model.
10. Defining Conceptual, Mapping, and Storage Schema Layers.
11. Introducing the Object Services Layer and Entity SQL.
12. Taking Advantage of LINQ to Entities.
V. Implementing the Entity Data Model.
13. Generating Mapping Metadata with the EDM Designer.
14. Binding Data Controls to the ObjectContent.
15. Updating the Persistence Layer.
Utilizziamo i cookie di profilazione, anche di terze parti, per migliorare la navigazione, per fornire servizi e proporti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui. Chiudendo questo banner o proseguendo nella navigazione acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.