Explorations in Ethics is a collection of essays with a speculative bent. Its twelve contributors attempt to take ethics thinking in new directions. Ethics is fundamentally a speculative discipline. We sometimes lose sight of that because of our current scholarly practices, which include reliance on a set of traditional works in ethics, deferring to the scholarly literature, drawing from the evidential sources afforded us. This volume breaks the mold. It is committed, first and foremost, to exploring new ground in a methodologically sound way whilst respecting and building on the literature where needed. The contributors range from world renowned ethicists to early-career scholars. The ethical standpoints represented are various and the overall aim of this collection is to stimulate fresh thinking.
2. The Euthyphro Problem Revisited
3. Realism, Objectivity, and Evaluation
4. The Modal Conception of Ideal Rational Agents: Objectively Ideal Not Merely Subjectively Ideal, Advisors Not Exemplars, Agentially Concerned Not Agentially Indifferent, Social Not Solitary, Self-and-Other-Regarding Not Wholly Self-Regarding
5. To Boldly Go Where No Man, or Woman, has Gone Before!
6. Well-Being as Harmony
7. On Moral Architecture
8. The Central Difficulty of the Moral Life
9. Desert-Sensitivity and Moral Evaluation
10. Interpersonal Invisibility and the Recognition of Other Persons
11. Censure, Sanction, and the Moral Psychology of Resentment and Punitiveness
12. A Natural Law Approach to Biomedical Ethics
13. The Corruptions of Music
David Kaspar teaches philosophy at St. John’s University, New York, USA
i libri che interessano a chi ha i tuoi gusti
Dimensioni: 210 x 148 mm Ø 440 gr
Illustration Notes:6 Illustrations, black and white
Utilizziamo i cookie di profilazione, anche di terze parti, per migliorare la navigazione, per fornire servizi e proporti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui. Chiudendo questo banner o proseguendo nella navigazione acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.