This book sheds new light on Indian communication cultures and the critical philosophical trajectories of Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari. It explores issues such as contemporary communication cultures in India, nationalism, subjectivities, negotiating and protesting bodies, music on social media, children on reality television, and the materialities of Indian films. The book provides a balance between issues of communication from a philosophical perspective and issues of philosophy from a communication perspective in the Indian context. This engaging examination of two modes of thought is an important resource for anyone interested in communication studies, modern philosophy, cultural and media studies.
1) On the 'reinvention' of utopia: Beyond uncontrollable Capitalism
Joff P. N. Bradley
2) Networks of Dissent
3) Bodies as Sites of Protests; The Case of Two Desiring Machines That Liberated Controls
4) Erring Pathways from Time to Time
5) Intuition a Method of Communication: Thinking Through Bergson and Deleuze Model
6) A Million Protesting Human Bodies in Support of Native Cattle Breeds: Jallikattu on Marina Beach, Chennai
7) Immanence of Vision, the Body and Amiri Baraka’s Dutchman: A Deleuzian Approach
8) Body and Nation: Contesting Spaces and Narratives of Nationalism
9) Subject less Subjectivities in Nayeema Mahjoor's Lost in Terror: A Deleuzian Reading
Swati Singha and Trina Maitra
10) Musical Bodies in Smule: Affective Milieus of Singing in a Social Musical App
Shuaib Mohammed Haneef
Gopalan Ravindran, Ph.D., is a Professor at the Department of Journalism and Communication, University of Madras, India. He has published over 60 papers/chapters. His research and teaching activities focus on the following areas: Critical Theories and Philosophies, Political Economy of Journalism and Communication, Spatiality and Materiality of Communication, Film Cultures, Digital Cultures and Diasporic Cultures.
Dimensioni: 235 x 155 mm Ø 423 gr
Illustration Notes:1 Illustrations, black and white
Utilizziamo i cookie di profilazione, anche di terze parti, per migliorare la navigazione, per fornire servizi e proporti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie clicca qui. Chiudendo questo banner o proseguendo nella navigazione acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.