Now in its forty first edition
- a systematic survey of the countries of East and South-East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, along with 23 Pacific Islands
- essential for anyone with a professional interest in the region
- keeps up to date with current economic and political developments.
Written by acknowledged authorities on the Pacific Rim, this collection of essays forms an impartial overview of the area as a whole. Topics include: the Rise of China, the USA’s relations with the Asia-Pacific region, Regional Security Issues, Human Rights, Environmental Issues of the Asia Pacific Region.
Individual chapters on each country containing:
- essays on geography, history and the economy
- an economic and demographic survey of the latest available statistics on population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications and education
- a directory of names, addresses and contact details covering the constitution, government, legislature, judiciary, political organizations, diplomatic representation, religion, the media, finance, trade, industry, tourism, defence and education
- a select bibliography.
- includes all major international organizations active in the region, their aims, activities, publications and principal personnel
- a detailed survey of major commodities in Asia and the Pacific
- a directory of research institutes specializing in the region
- select bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the Far East and Australasia
- an index of regional organizations.