Essential Open Source Toolset includes:
Coverage of Eclipse, Bugzilla, Ant and CVS Tcl/Tk, classic tools which form the de facto standard in Linux and Unix environments.
This book offers indispensable guidance on how programming tools can be used to solve problems which occur regularly during the development of software. It will enable you to work with greater confidence and efficiency, and to achieve better results.
I: VERSION CONTROL.
2. Managing changes using DIFF and PATCH.
3. Revision management using RCS.
4. Parallel Program development with CVS.
II: PROCESSING INPUT.
5. Lexical analysis using LEX.
6. Syntactical analysis with YACC.
7. Lexical and syntactic analysis using ANTLR.
III: BUILDING PROGRAMS.
8. Building programs with MAKE.
9. Configuring software automatically with AUTOCONF.
10. Documenting programs with JAVADOC.
11. Creating prototypes using Tcl/Tk.
V: TESTING AND DEBUGGING.
12. Software tests with DEJAGNU.
13. Component tests with JUNIT.
14. Tracking Problems with BUGZILLA.
15. Debugging with GDB and DDD.
VI: PROGRAM ANALYSIS.
16. Profiling using GPROF and GCOV.
17. Checking Style with CHECKSTYLE.
18. Static program analysis with LINT.
19. Program slicing using UNRAVEL.
VII: INTEGRATED INVIRONMENT.
20. Integrated development with ECLIPSE 3.0.